30 Days: Social Media Odyssey
There is a social media site for virtually anything you can imagine. After a recent conversation with limeduck about staking claim to your digital brand, I decided to test his premise Morgan Spurlock style. For the next 30 days, I will explore the impact of living the social media dream.
Here are my rules of engagement:
1. Sign up for as many social media sites as possible.
2. Register for each as Tangyslice, a middle aged man desperately seeking social media coolness.
3. Place a link or badge on my personal blog for each new site I join.
4. Solicit site suggestions from friends and colleagues. I can be reached at tangy [at] tangyslice dot com (or @tangyslice if you prefer Twitter) if you have any suggestions.
5. Blog frequently about the experience.
To make this more than just another inane attempt at online greatness, I will be raising money for my kids’ elementary school through the Brackett School PTA in Arlington MA. I am personally pledging $1 for every registration and hope that others will support my cause on my online fundraising page.
I am setting my goal for 100 sites.
Wish me luck.