Why do marketers love social media?
Here are some of the reasons that came into my head:
- Shiny new object: It is where the action is today even with the bursting of the Web 2.0 bubble
- My favorite four letter word: Most of the channels are free (or almost free)
- Good listeners: There is always someone you can talk with since the conversations are going 24/7
- Easy to try: There are low-cost/no-cost ways to test most media
- Accountable: It is easy to track referrers from these media
- (Almost) Famous: With so many sites, you can be a legend somewhere (besides your own mind)
- Branding building: You can enhance your personal brand as you do your day job
- Accessible tools: A quick trip to Mashable.com shows the hundreds of free, easy-to-use tools to make you look like a social media rockstar.
- Agile marketing: You don’t need to wait for your agency to make changes to your blog or Facebook page.
Why do you use social media?