Are the good things in life really free?
My life has been taken over by free (or almost free) things. Here are some examples:
- We decided to use WordPress for a company knowledgebase rather than purchasing from a leading a SaaS vendor.
- We finished a webinar that yielded over 1,800 signups. We used Gotowebinar ($99/month) and emails our house list (~$400). That is $0.28 per lead for those keeping score at home (about 50 to 100 times less than most B2B marketers expect).
- Organic search and social media are the fastest growing parts of referrer traffic at Tangyslice and Firstgiving.
- I chatted on Skype with my parents during their recent trip to Costa Rica.
- I sold my wife’s minivan (ok, snicker away, it was my idea) on Craig’s list.
- After flailing for months without a calendar or contacts on my phone, I discovered Google sync for my Blackberry
- I stopped reading the daily newspaper now that I seem to get all my news through free RSS feeds.
Are you feeling the power of free? Any other great free stuff to share?