When Attachmate completed its purchase of Novell and I found myself “on the street”, I thought I was all set for another summer of Frank. The great news, however, is that I received a job offer about 48 hours after my “departure” from Novell. My new role is leading marketing for Correlsense, a private software firm in the application performance management space. It has a bunch of happy customers, interesting technology, great investors and strong revenue growth – things I am very excited about.
Before I close the books on Novell, I have a bunch of people to thank and great memories from the last two years.
- Thanks to my marketing communications people Ian Bruce, Kelley Johnson and my boss Phil Juliano for showing me what super high quality branding and marcom looks like.
- My peeps at PJA Advertising (Mike O’Toole, Matt Magee and Amanda Bird) for creative and moral support as well as donuts every Thursday morning.
- My content marketing mafia (Brian Singer, Todd Harris, Kyle Woodruff, Michele Hudnall, Ron Miller and my social media utilityman, Jeff Cutler) who helped me figure out how to get to page one on Google in 90 days.
- The maximum leader Dr. Matthew T. Grant. I never knew cloud computing could be so entertaining.
- Joe “Zonker” Brockmeier who reminded me that bloggers need to live up to higher standards.
- Ben Grubin for providing the most entertaining story from the acquisition which I can not repeat in public.
- Ryan Smith for being there when I needed to vent.
- And finally the smartest man in the room, Justin Steinman for running away from Novell when he did which got me thinking about my future…..
And finally, best wishes to everyone at Attachmate, Novell, SUSE, and NetIQ. There is a great opportunity ahead of you to make things happen. Good luck and I’m sure our paths will cross! Until then, enjoy your summer and stay tangy my friends.